Eggplant skin contains “nasunin”, an anthocyanin pigment polyphenol. This works as a strong antioxidant, and is good for preventing cancer and lifestyle diseases, and also relieving the tiredness in eyes.
Eggplants also contain lots of potassium. Potassium helps release heat from the body, helping one get through hot summer days.
However, I get cold easily, so I have cooked the eggplants, reducing the effects of potassium (*^^)v
Ingredients (Servings: 4)
- Eggplant 4-5 sticks
- ♡ Miso 2 tablesppons
- ♡ Sweet Sake 1 tablespoon
- ♡ Cooking Sake 2 tablespoons
- ♡ Water 2 tablespoons
- Mixed Herbs
- Wash the eggplants and cut them vertically in half.
- Wrap each eggplant in plastic wrap, putting their cut sides back together. Heat in a 600w microwave for 4 minutes.
- Mix the ♡ ingredients and heat in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread the sauce from step 3 on the eggplants and sprinkle cheese.
- Cook in a 250 °C oven for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs on top to finish it off.